These Meatballs are so yummy and ready in about 30 minutes (start to finish) making them the perfect weeknight meal. My whole family enjoyed this recipe and the best part is that they are totally Paleo and Whole 30 approved. Yay!
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (or chicken)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
FOR THE COATING:
3 tablespoons tapioca starch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon granulated onion powder
pinch dried marjoram
pinch ground cayenne pepper
pinch ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place turkey in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a separate shallow bowl, mix spices for the coating.
4. Form turkey into 1 inch balls and roll in coating mixture.
6. Add Meatballs to skillet and cook until browned on all sides.
I served mine with a side of sautéed kale and it was delicious. I buy the pre-cut package of organic kale and sauté with a little coconut oil until softened, then season with Himalayan Pink Salt. Enjoy!!
**Original recipe from Well Fed Weeknights by Mel Joulwan